Mommy Needs a Nap

The other morning I was sitting at my son's little table, watching him paint.  With my daughter sleeping on me in the ring sling carrier, I  grabbed a pencil and began to write a poem of sorts.

This is what come of those two minutes or so, before paint was spilled and we moved on. 


Mommy needs a Nap

Just a moment.
Give me just a second.

Wait a..
minute,
will you 
please? 

Mommy needs a moment 
to get down on her knees-
a holy reminder
if you will-
before we clean up our 
next spill.

There is no pill for this 
frustration-
no cure for this anxiety-

it's simply Mother nature
Slowly sanctifying me.



To be fair, the last line is actually one that came a day later when I was rereading what I had written.

When my husband found it laying on the little table he said he loved it. It should be a rap. And the title should be "mommy needs a map."

Not exactly what I was going for, but here it is, regardless. 

It's been a while since I've written like this, and it could use some work, but I certainly enjoyed doing it. And if nothing else, maybe you can get a laugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Distractions

Thoughts on the breastfeeding journey